I was never much of a jewelry girl growing up but I always envied those girls and ladies who would wear the stunning and bold pieces of jewelry. They just looked so pretty and put together. I wanted to look like them. I wanted to feel put together and confident more than anything, I just didn’t know how.
Now that I am a little older & more confident, I have become slightly addicted to buying and wearing jewelry. I find such inspiration and beauty in jewelry, how it is crafted and how it looks with different pieces of clothing. I also love how significant it can be when given as a gift or purchased on a special trip or for a special occasion in our lives.
If you are not really sure how to use jewelry to put together a great outfit, check out these five tips:
1. Mix & Match similar materials. Find pieces that compliment each other, they do not have to be all the same design or style. Mix vintage with contemporary or stack different bracelet styles together like pearls and sparkly jewel bracelets. Just don’t mix completely different materials together like wood with chunky silver chains or hard plastic with diamonds.
2. Don’t be afraid to wear big or bright colored jewelry. Make a statement with one piece of jewelry, this is not only in style but can totally take your outfit from a 6 or 7 to a perfect 10! However, keep other pieces of jewelry smaller or if you wear a bold necklace, skip the bracelet and just pair it with delicate earrings or one big chunky ring so it isn’t overwhelming or distracting.
3. Wear versatile pieces. Find jewelry that can be dressed up or dressed down. Look for pieces that go just as well with a nice business outfit or jeans and a nice top. Also look for pieces that can be worn multiple lengths or ways. One must have in every jewelry box should be a long silver chain necklace. These necklaces look great with most every outfit and most every face shape and body size.
4. Compliment your outfit. Your jewelry should compliment your outfit but it does not have to match it completely. Wearing different shades of the same color or pairing a contrasting, bright colored necklace with a dark outfit is like adding the icing to the cake.
5. Take care of & organize your jewelry. Keep it in the boxes it comes in or in a jewelry box, armoire or organizer. Pay attention to how to clean it, not all jewelry should be cleaned with store bought jewelry cleaner. Also when your jewelry is organized it will be easier for you to quickly find it and put it together with your outfits. If your jewelry is jumbled together or crammed in boxes in a drawer, you will not be as likely to wear it. Make it easier on yourself and keep your jewelry in pristine condition at the same time by keeping it organized.
You don’t have to break the bank to find beautiful, quality jewelry that makes you feel more stylish. One of my favorite jewelry companies is Stella & Dot. I have been purchasing jewelry from them for several years now. They offer numerous styles of jewelry for all tastes and in all price ranges. They have pieces for under $20 up to $300. All of their pieces come packaged in a stylish gift boxes too.
Stella & Dot was founded by a mom who wanted to give women an irresistible and quality product that wouldn’t just end up being forgotten in a jewelry box. She also wanted to offer women a great business opportunity that offered flexibility, rewards, style, profits and fun. Their mission is to: “give every woman the means to style her own life”.
You have probably seen Stella & Dot’s jewelry on many celebrities even if you didn’t realize it. Sofia Vergara, Natasha Bedingfield, Kathie Lee Gifford, Carrie Ann Inaba, January Jones, Kelly Clarkson and many more celebrities have been spotted wearing Stella & Dot pieces. You can wear and afford the same pieces your favorite celebrities wear!
Nicole Johnson is an Independent Stylist with Stella & Dot and is one of our Shop from your Seat Showcase vendors. Nicole joined Stella & Dot after falling in love with their jewelry. She is a super smart and stylish entrepreneur who also owns Baskets of Inspiration, LLC and A Wellness Rounded Life (which you can find out more about in our Shop from Your Seat Showcase too.) Nicole gives amazing customer service & is happy to help you find just the right pieces for yourself or gifts for others.
Pictured below are three of my favorite pieces that they offer. First is the Light Bracelet. This makes a great gift for someone in your life that has that special sparkle and shine. They also offer similar Love, Courage, Radiance & Tribute Bracelets. Each comes in a gift box with a card that has a special message related to the theme of the bracelet.
The middle item is the La Coco Chain in Silver. This is one of those pieces that can go with anything – from a dressier night on the town outfit to a nice top & jeans. It’s a classic, versatile piece. It also has a detachable bracelet so the necklace can be worn long with it attached or detach and you have a shorter necklace and a bracelet! (Genius, right?)
The third item is the Camilla Necklace. This is a statement piece and a show stopper. It can be worn with various types of outfits too and paired with several different pairs of earrings or a matching large ring with no bracelets.
Stella & Dot has some amazing sales going on right now too, just in time for holiday shopping. If you see something you love, let your spouse or best friend know & have them contact Nicole to make sure you get the present you really want this year. You can shop online at: http://www.jewelryloversplace.com and become a fan of Nicole’s Stella & Dot Facebook page here. Thanks so much to Nicole for being one of our vendors!
Visit the Showcase to check out the other vendors at: http://ceoofmeinc.com/shop-from-your-seat-shopping-guide-2012/
*Disclosure: I received products as compensation for this review. Regardless, all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.