Are you already making plans for Valentine’s gifts and parties? This year I want to give handmade Valentine’s Day gifts and homemade Valentine’s Day treats too. I made some Strawberry Cream Cheese filled Cupcakes for a girl’s night a while back but I wanted to try a new recipe. (Be sure to check out my other Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas here).
This recipe for homemade fruit bread is really easy to make. This is an adapted version of the Bisquick Muffin Recipe that I tweaked. It only takes 5 ingredients. While I made it with strawberries, you could actually use any fruit or berries to make homemade apple, blueberry, raspberry, cherry, peach or even pineapple bread!
You could also use this same mix to make muffins or mini bread loaves which make perfect individual gifts for Valentine’s Day (or any occasion). One way to make this homemade bread even better would be to add some Cool Whip or a simple glazing on top. The glazing my mom has always made is just a mixture of confectionary sugar & a little water. Just mix the two until you get the right consistency, not too thick or too runny, then drizzle on top of the bread or muffins.
- 2 Cups of Bisquick
- 1/2 cup of Sugar
- 6oz of Vanilla Yogurt (Greek or regular)
- 1 Egg
- 2 cups of chopped up strawberries (or any fruit of your choice)
- Mix the Bisquick, Sugar, Yogurt & Egg together until blended well.
- Fold the strawberries into the mixture
- Pour into your pan and shake it so it is even
- Bake for 30-40 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Let cool completely before you remove from the pan.
- Serve with Cool Whip or the Glazing I mentioned earlier (confectioners sugar & water mixture) and Enjoy!
PS – Be sure to check out my Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Everyone article because Valentine’s Day isn’t just for couples! There is a Hallmark Gift Set Giveaway going on that post too until Jan 31!
What do you think about this recipe? Doesn’t it look and sound delicious? If you loved this recipe or plan to try it yourself, I would LOVE it if you would leave a comment below and share, tweet and/or pin it! Thank you!
— Misty Kearns (@ceoofmeinc) January 22, 2013