I have been so busy with the holidays that I have not made time to get groceries in a while. Plus I enjoyed lots of yummy leftovers for several days from our Christmas and New Year’s gatherings.
I looked in my pantry and fridge to see what I could put together for a meal. I had 5 lbs of frozen ground turkey I had purchased at Sam’s Club that I needed to use some of and a can of sloppy joe sauce. I didn’t have any hamburger buns or rolls though. I did have a bag of tortilla chips and some cheese so I decided to try to make a sloppy joe dip.
It was super easy to make and tasted great! You could use ground beef if you don’t like ground turkey. I think it would also be good to turn into a type of chili by adding a 2nd can of sloppy joe sauce and serving it with some cornbread. Below are the ingredients and directions. If you decide to make it, I would love for you to let me know what you think! This would be a great recipe to make for your upcoming Super Bowl Parties too!
- 1 lb ground beef (use turkey for low fat version)
- 1 can of sloppy joe sauce
- 4 oz cream cheese (use fat free for low fat version)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (use skim for low fat version)
- 2-3 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Brown the meat
- Mix all ingredients together
- Heat on stove or in microwave until cheese is melted and everything is warmed through
- Place in a slow cooker on the “keep warm” setting.
- Serve with chips & enjoy!
If you liked this recipe, please comment below and share it with your friends. Your comments & shares are most appreciated!
— Misty Kearns (@ceoofmeinc) January 8, 2013