Are you a WordPress user or thinking about transferring to self-hosted WordPress? Check out this list of some of the best WordPress tips, tricks, tutorials and how to guides that I have found (as well as a few I have written). While I am not a WordPress expert, I am very experienced using it. I am 100% self-taught on WordPress (as well as designing). These WordPress tutorials, videos and resources have helped me learn the ins and outs of WordPress. I hope they will help you as well. Be sure to bookmark this post because I will add links to more WordPress tutorials as I find them or write them.
CEO of Me’s Tutorials:
- How to Refresh your blog by updating and recycling content – SEO, Pinterest, Content tips & more!
- Blog information document / Important Info you should know about your WordPress Blog- print and fill in all your domain, hosting, wordpress and designer’s information on this one document so you keep everything organized and together!
Other Helpful Tutorials:
- How the Visual Editor works in WordPress (what the buttons do, tips & tricks when writing / editing posts/pages)
WordPress User Account Types/Definitions:
- Administrator - Somebody who has access to all the administration features
- Editor - Somebody who can publish and manage posts and pages as well as manage other users’ posts, etc.
- Author - Somebody who can publish and manage their own posts
- Contributor - Somebody who can write and manage their posts but not publish them
- Subscriber - Somebody who can only manage their profile
More Helpful WordPress & Blogging Tip Sites:
Blogging Books and Courses I HIGHLY recommend:
These ebooks and courses are NOT WordPress specific, if you are on Blogger they will still benefit you. However self-hosted WordPress does offer more options and the ability to maximize your SEO. I did still want to mention these books and courses as I feel they have been an important part of my success as a blogger.
If you are new to blogging or ready to really blog as a business/for an income, check out these 2 eBooks from Problogger.com. Use the code FWOB33 to get $10 off! I recommend the First Week eBook for brand new bloggers and the 31 Days eBook for novice bloggers.
Last year I took Laurie Turk’s (TipJunkie.com) Mom Blog to Money Blog Course. While I had been blogging for over a year and a half, I learned a lot and felt it was definitely worth the money. This course packs in way more than you could ever learn at a blogging conference and is laid out so that you can go at your own pace. It includes checklists, daily activities and worksheets, video’s and links to numerous other tutorials and resources. The course is a little dis-organized so if you take it, I recommend printing out as much as you can and organizing it in a binder. This course was put together by Laurie Turk of Tip Junkie who is a very successful blogger and she knows what she is talking about. Use the code “MONEY” to get 10% off the course.
If you enjoyed or learned something from this post, I would LOVE it if you would please leave a comment below and also share, tweet and pin it! Thank you!