Are you a WordPress user or thinking about transferring to self-hosted WordPress? Check out this list of some of the best WordPress tips, tricks, tutorials and how to guides that I have found (as well as a few I have written). While I am not a WordPress expert, I am very experienced using it. I am 100% self-taught on WordPress (as well as designing). These WordPress tutorials, videos and resources have helped me learn the ins and outs of WordPress. I hope they will help you as well. Be sure to bookmark this post because I will add links to more WordPress tutorials as I find them or write them.
CEO of Me’s Tutorials:
- 10 Things you need to know & do before starting a blog
- SEO & Blogging Tips: How to Refresh your blog by updating and recycling content – SEO, Pinterest, Content tips & more!
- How to Set Up Your Feedburner Account & Add an Email Subscribe Box Widget NOTE – I now use Mad Mimi for my weekly email newsletter and do not use Feedburner. For those who do use it this is helpful though!
- Blog information document / Important Info you should know about your WordPress Blog- print and fill in all your domain, hosting, wordpress and designer’s information on this one document so you keep everything organized and together!
- How to add a custom Pinterest Pin it Button to your images on WordPress (I no longer use this plugin or the custom image but if you want this feature this is a great tutorial!)
Other Helpful Tutorials:
- How the Visual Editor works in WordPress (what the buttons do, tips & tricks when writing / editing posts/pages)
WordPress User Account Types/Definitions:
- Administrator – Somebody who has access to all the administration features
- Editor – Somebody who can publish and manage posts and pages as well as manage other users’ posts, etc.
- Author – Somebody who can publish and manage their own posts
- Contributor – Somebody who can write and manage their posts but not publish them
- Subscriber – Somebody who can only manage their profile
More Helpful WordPress & Blogging Tip Sites:
Blogging Books and Courses I HIGHLY recommend:
These ebooks and courses are NOT WordPress specific, if you are on Blogger they will still benefit you. However self-hosted WordPress does offer more options and the ability to maximize your SEO. I did still want to mention these books and courses as I feel they have been an important part of my success as a blogger.
If you are new to blogging or ready to really blog as a business/for an income, check out these 2 eBooks from Problogger.com. Use the code FWOB33 to get $10 off! I recommend the First Week eBook for brand new bloggers and the 31 Days eBook for novice bloggers.
If you enjoyed or learned something from this post, I would LOVE it if you would please leave a comment below and also share, tweet and pin it! Thank you!