Slow Cooker homemade hamburger helper is one of my favorite meals to make. You could also make it on the stove top for a quick thirty minute meal. There are several recipes out there for homemade hamburger helper and this is my own twist on it. The recipe came about one night when I had not been to the grocery store in a while and decided to throw together a meal with what I had in my pantry. If you do not like Alfredo Sauce you could use shredded cheddar cheese in your crock pot hamburger helper instead. You can also use ground turkey or chicken for a lower fat, healthier version.
What you’ll need to make Hamburger Helper in your Crock Pot:
- 1 pound of lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 can (or 16 oz) of Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1-2 cups of Alfredo Sauce
- 4 cups of pasta noodles
How to cook:
- Cook pasta noodles (shape of your choice)
- Place uncooked ground beef (or turkey) & the Sloppy Joe sauce in slow cooker & mix together
- Cook on low for 4 hours or on high for 2 hours (or until the meat is browned / fully cooked)
- Add 1-2 cups of Alfredo Sauce
- Mix well
- Serve & Enjoy!