Last week I announced my excitement to have been chosen to be an Ambassador for iBloom and invited you to join me on a journey to learning how to live a life you love. If you missed the post, be sure to read it here and don’t forget to RSVP for the awesome New Year’s Party tomorrow night, Tues Jan 8!
This week, we are diving in head first to the book “iChoose2 Love my Life” written by the iBloom team. The book has 52 chapters, 1 for each week. The chapters are short and have questions to help you along the journey.
The first chapter asks you to take an honest look at how your life is going and where you are wanting it to go. I don’t know about you but these are questions I sometimes avoid. I will stay so busy and just keep working to avoid really facing my fears and problems sometimes. Can you relate to that? Change can be scary sometimes even if we deeply desire it.
It’s time to get honest with ourselves though, no more putting off living, truly living. It’s time to take a few minutes and find a quite place to reflect, meditate and pray. It’s time to make the choice, the choice to love your life and begin living intentionally and full of joy, purpose and love.
One of my goals this year is to be more real and more authentic. In my relationship with Christ, in my real life, my business life and with you all here on my blog too. I can’t tell you how much that sincerely scares me though. I am a people pleaser and always worry about what others think. I am willing to get out of my comfort zone though because I know that is the only way I can have the relationship with God that I should as well as the life that I am meant to be living. Real, authentic, genuine, comfortable in my skin, confident, balanced – that is the life that I desire.
As I go through the book I am going to be sharing my answers to the weekly questions, my revelations and my progress. If you are taking part in this journey and blogging about it too, each week there will be a linky included in my post where you can link up. If you don’t have a blog you can comment on the weekly posts. This way we can all support, encourage, hold each other accountable and celebrate our successes together.
So here goes, my real, raw, honest answers to the questions asked in Chapter 1:
- My iChoose2 Love my Life journey begins: Jan 1, 2013!
- What is going well? My career is starting to take off again as I am getting back into doing what I truly love & enjoy. My relationship with my family is also going really well.I am getting a little better at being more balanced well so far 1 week into the New Year, but progress is progress no matter how small.
- What is not going well? I worry too much, I need to increase my faith and deepen my relationship and trust in the Lord more. My health also needs a lot of improvement. I need to get my weight back down, get more sleep, live on a more normal schedule.
- What needs to change? See above. I think it boils down to keeping my priorities in check, not worrying so much in general and also not worrying so much what others think, trusting God more, getting actively involved in church again and losing that insane need to be “Miss Independent”…
- One year from today when you complete this journey, what do you hope will be different? I hope I will have a stronger relationship with God so I can be like those women of God who I admire. I hope I will be healthier physically, mentally & spiritually. I hope I will be the confident person I was a few years ago. I miss that person. I’m working to get back to the place though so yes I do have hope again! Most of all, I hope I will be able to truly let go of all the things that are holding me back from living life to the fullest and be someone that truly inspires, encourages and empowers others.
Whew… There you go. I can’t wait to read your posts and comments. I am so excited to be starting this journey with all of you! Praying for God’s guidance and blessings for each of you throughout this year!
What about you, do you struggle with managing your time too? What tips or advice do you have to share? Please leave a comment below. If you wrote a post on this week’s chapter please add it to the link up below too!
Want to join in the journey through iBloom’s iChoose2 Love my Life? Click below to purchase it!
Be sure to add your link below & to check out the other posts too!
View other posts in this series: http://ceoofmeinc.com/tag/ichoose2-love-my-life/
Want to join in the journey through iBloom's iChoose2 Love my Life? Click below to purchase it!